Friday, May 28, 2010

Brooke's Baby Shower Invitation

Recently, I was given the honor of co-hosting my friend Brooke's baby shower. I have been put in charge of invitations and decor, which my friends know are my favorite things to do for a party. The baby shower is not for a couple of more weeks but I recently mailed out the invitations and thought I would dedicate a post to them since they turned out so cute.

Brooke is having a little girl, so of course the invitation needed to be extremely girly. At first I thought of using the color pink, but then I remembered Brooke's bridal shower invitations had been pink. It was back to the drawing board. I needed something different and cute, so I selected a red, white and black polka dot theme.

After the invitatins had been designed and printed, I felt they needed a little extra something. I decided to make little, fabric diaper sleeves for the invitations to slide down into. These were made from polka dot fabric I found at Hobby Lobby. I just used a diaper template and cut out each diaper sleeve. Once all the diaper sleeves had been made, I added an embroidered B to the front of them. Why the letter B? Brooke has decided to name her little girl Bentley, which I think is just adorable and perfect. I thought it would be sweet to have something on the invitation which represented Bentley's name, hence the embroidered B.

Photos of Brooke's baby shower invitations are below, and I hope you, guys enjoy looking at them as much as I enjoyed creating them.









0 comments: