Thursday, January 28, 2010

My Hunt For The Perfect Invitation


Picking out invitations is probably one of the most important aspects of party planning. The invitation you select gives the guest a preview of the event they will be attending. The more unique and creative the invitation is, the more excited your guest will be about attending your event.

Recently, two very special people in my life found out they were expecting. I have been waiting for years for Ashley & Brett to have a baby, so you can just imagine how excited I was when I found out they were pregnant. Over the years I have been secretly planning a baby shower for them, and this March, Ashley and Brett's once imaginary baby shower will finally get the chance to make its day view.

Okay, back to picking out invitations. I love picking out invitations; however, it can be pretty daunting. It is really helpful to have a theme picked out. The theme for Ashley and Brett's baby shower is "They Are Adding to Their Nest". I love this theme, and though it may not be the most original of themes, I felt it fit their personalities perfectly.

Once you have finished picking out your theme you need to decide how much money you want to or are able to spend on them. Let's face it fellow party planners, professionally printed invitations are not cheap. There are discount invitation companies out there who carry really adorable invitations, and I have listed them on my blog.

For Ashley and Brett's baby shower, I chose PaperStyle.com. I am kind of a snob about invitations, cakes, food and well, so many things when it comes to planning events. I have to literally fall in love with something to actually spend money on it. One late night while hunting for the perfect invitaion on-line, I came across PaperStyle.com. I fell in love with this one invitation and I have posted it above.

What makes PaperStyle so wonderful is I was able to fill in the information and see the proof immediately, and in less then three days my beautiful invitations arrived. I had originally wanted to make the invitations myself, however, limited time prevented this. Don't worry, I do have a little trick up my sleeve, and it involves putting my very own signature touch on the invitations.

The invitations were not cheap. I spent $71.89, which is expensive for a baby shower but they turned out wonderful. They may have a simplistic look to them now, but soon a little extra something will be added and a whole new vision will be revealed.

I hope this blog post has been been helpful. Don't forget to check out PaperStyle.com.

0 comments: